With restrictions in California starting to tighten up again, as well as summer being in full swing, I have been spending a lot more time outside and enjoying nature! Whenever I get too stir crazy these are my favorite things to do.
1. Take a walk, this seems easy, but it can really make all the difference. After sitting on the couch for hours, usually the last thing I want to do it put on clothes and go for a walk, but I know I always feel better once I do.
2. Go flower picking. Find some local wildflowers or head out to some lavender fields and create beautiful bouquets! I love making my house look colorful as well as leaving them on loved ones door stops.
3. Go on a picnic. This one also seems East but you can really have fun with it! Bring wine glasses for your lemonade and create your own charcuterie board. The planning and eating create a day full of fun and Vitamin D.
4. Go camping! This one is great when you need a weekend away. Whether you own a tent or are simply going to sleep in your car, this is a great way to get out of your house and people and just enjoy nature. Cook a meal on the open fire, go for a hike, swim in a lake, or ocean, or river. After spending time outside, your hot shower will start to sound dreamy.
5. Get creative! Spending time outdoors doesn’t always have to mean exercise. Grab some paper and pens and find a place that inspires you to draw. Take wildlife pictures way out in the country or go in search of materials you can use for a collage. If you’re not feeling super creative, color a picture on your patio or tie dye in your backyard.
Stay safe and have fun! We will all get through this and come out on the otherside🤍