Universal Studios Hollywood is one of the many theme parks in the Los Angeles Area, but if you planning a trip down to Southern California this is a great place to come and take in all the movie magic! These are a few tips that might save you some time and headaches!
1. Get to the park early. Universal is a smaller theme park compared to Knott’s Berry Farm or Disneyland so it fills up quick! Get there early and head for the lower lot. You take four escalators down, so people usually avoid it first thing in the morning. This is where you’ll be able to practically walk on the Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic world rides.
2. Next I would recommend going on a ride that you have been looking forward to. Maybe head for the Minions or Simpson’s. But if none of those sound appealing I would go straight to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and snaps so pictures before it gets too packed. Maybe ride Flight if the Hippogriff or grab a wand and some butter beer.
3. If you want to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, get the single riders line! I know my fiancé was hesitant at first, but we bypassed a 2 hour wait in favor or riding separately and got on the ride in less then 20 minutes!
4. After a taste of the Wizarding World head to the Simpsons and grab some lunch at Krusty Burger. They offer a few different burger choices along with a vegetarian option. Eating here felt like being in a Simpsons episode, complete with a Duff beer from Moe’s.
5. Last but not least, don’t forget to check out the Universal City Walk located outside of the park itself. You can drink Margaritas in Margaritaville or grab a doughnut at Voodoo. They have tons of options of good places to eat and shop and it’s not a place I would overlook!