Things You Should Know When Traveling to the Big Sur & Monterey Area
- Big Sur is essentially restaurants, buildings, and trails all following on the side of the highway. Be prepared to pull over to grab a quick bite.
- There is no reception in Big Sur, however most places have WiFi and are happy to give you the login if you just ask.
- Big Sur is expensive, bring snacks, water, and try not to fill up your gas tank there. You think gas prices are bad now, we spent almost $6 a gallon!
- The famous Bixby Bridge doesn’t have a sign or anything significant around it. Just look for the crowd of people and pull over and park where you can.
- Carmel by the Sea is easy to miss but hard to forget, make some time to visit this wonderful town.
- Carmel by the Sea and Monterey are only about 10 minutes away from each other, so going back and forth is a viable option.
- Plan ahead and get tickets if you want to visit the Monterey aquarium.
- The 17 miles drive is a lot of beaches and trees, but for 10 dollars per car it was a nice way to grab some good pictures.
- If your into baked goods, you have to visit Carmel Bakery! It’s been there since the 1800’s and one nite of their soft pretzels will tell you why!
17 mile drive, big sur, bixby bridge, california, california road trip, carmel, carmel bakery, carmel by the sea, monterey, monterey bay, monterey bay aquarium, quaint town, road trip, small town, travel pictures, traveling
Leave a Reply