Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, but nothing can suck the fun out of a getaway more than getting sick. Here are a few tricks I’ve learned to avoid getting sick even when your trapped on a plane for 12 hours.
1. I always drink Emergen-C at least 2 days before I travel and continue until at least 2 days after. This really helps boost your immune system for any germs you may encounter.
2. Bring antibacterial “Wet Ones” wipes and wipe down your seat before you sit down. Wipe down the arm rests, tray table, seat belt, headrest, and especially the front pocket where everyone likes to stick their trash. This helps kill any germs that might still be lingering from the last passenger.
3. This one may sound crazy, but I take a little Neosporin and put it around each nostril of my nose just as a little extra barrier against anything on the plane. If it’s good enough for the Duchess of Sussex, it’s good enough for me.
4. This one I’m sure you know; drink lots and lots of water. You can get so dehydrated on a plane and water is always a good idea whether you are sick or not.
5. Last but not least, I bring napkins and/or Kleenex with me to the airport, and if I forget I’ll grab a wade of toilet paper to use. You never know when a runny nose will hit or if a bottle of sprite is going to explode all over your lap.
Traveling is one of my favorite pass times and thankfully, by following all these tricks, plane germs haven’t gotten to me yet. (Knock on wood)
Leave a Reply