It may not feel like it yet, but spring is on its way. Once the sun starts to shine, it’ll soon be time to hit the open road. Here are a few tips and tricks I’ve learned for your next road trip.
1. Snacks are an important part of any trip and road trips are no different. Make sure you have something salty, something sweet, and they are something that does not melt. Remember these need to be easy to eat one handed. No one wants a hungry driver.
2. Have a backup for when reception is non existent. Yes, streaming is great, but bring some back up music in case you end up in a dead zone.
3. Pick a podcast for when people start to sleep. Something that can play in the background but that also keeps the driver entertained.
4. Don’t drink too much liquid! This includes coffee, water, juice, and energy drinks. Try to sip your drinks and make them last. That way you don’t have to stop for a bathroom every hour.
5. And finally, being in the car for hours on end is not for the faint of heart. Think twice and be sure you are comfortable with the seating situation and the company. (obviously)
Here are a few of my favorite road trip essentials:
– “Someone Knows Something” Podcast
– Chomp Turkey Snack Sticks
– Spotify Premium, which also lets you download songs & create playlists to play without any internet
– Dried Chili Mango
– “Serial Killers” Podcast
– Peanut Butter Pretzels
Leave a Reply